Re: TECH: Battlezone Audio Problems

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 05:47:48 EDT

> If the POKEY is on the main board, that shouldn't be the problem as I can
> change out the AUX Board (the top board) and everything works fine. I'll
> keep at it and post what I find for posterity.
>
> Thanks,
> -Commander Dave

Just to clear things up :

Battlezone uses only 1 POKEY, and this POKEY is on the AUX board nearest to
the interboard connector.

If the AR2 is fineand you still have sound problems, try the two LM324
op-amps on the Aux board, these can give bad/intermittent sounds.. also
check for dry joints around that big mylar capacitor (which is usually
broken off/missing anyway)

Andy