TECH: Battlezone Audio Problems - SOLVED

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 07:04:14 EDT

Thanks to all the help (and reading schematics), I fixed the Battlezone
audio problem!
I wound up changing the LM324 at M5 first, with not results. Then I got
sidetracked to the two 4066's at L4 and J3, also with no luck. Finally got
back to the LM324 at K5, and that solved the problem!

I noticed that one of the symptoms was that it made the radar noises during
attract mode, but went totally silent when the start button was pressed. It
normally is quiet during attract mode and sounds come on when you hit the
start button. Strange stuff...

It is funny that Andy mentioned that the big Mylar capacitor might be
missing, as it was the first thing I had to replace on the board! :-)

And more happy news, I got replacement rectifier diodes and replaced them on
the original BZ power board... and it worked great! So only tweaking one
main BZ game board and fixing the other, and I'll be done!

Thanks,
-Commander Dave