What is with those LOUSY cine tiffs from spies???

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 19:20:32 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <zonn@zonn.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 12:46 AM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Cinematronics/Vectorbeam Monitor repair mini-doc!

> On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:51:30 -0500, "Gregg Woodcock" <woodcock@sisna.com>
wrote:

> >Now if you are still blowing breakers, remove the connectors for the
"HORIZ"
> >and "VERT" heat-sunk transistors, and retest for no more than 15 seconds
or
> >so.
> >If you do this too long, you will burn up R118-119/218-219. You have
much
> >longer before this happens if you upgraded them to 5W as advised earlier
> >(but
> >the 5W will still burn up and torch the PCB, too so don't get carried
away).
> >Leave power on until breakers blow or until you see R118-119/218-219
> >begin to smoke/glow. When this happens, CUT POWER IMMEDIATELY!
> >The breakers should NOT blow and you should get a tiny (1" square)
picture
> >(but don't bother watching for a picture;WATCH THE RESISTORS!)
>
> There are better ways of testing the monitor than frying a couple of
resistors.
> Cinematronics highly recommends against this practice.
>
> http://www.stormaster.com/Spies/arcade/schematics/cine/serv17.tiff

What is up with THAT? Over 1/3 of those files are corrupt and NONE of them
will print for me! Not only that, about half of the files which are corrupt
cause virtual memory to be completely consumed and lock up my PC!!! I'd
love to take a serious look at those service bulletins but it is impossible
right now. Why in the WORLD aren't those jpegs?