Re: What is with those LOUSY cine tiffs from spies???

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 21:47:11 EDT

> > I haven't had any trouble with these. Perhaps you may need a newer version
> of
> > QuickTime..
> OK, I was ambiguous in my initial description. I *am* able to view the
> specific file mentioned but am *not* able to view most of the other service
> bulletins. You would think one of those scumbag CD Burner dudes would have
> been kind enough to report this to Al (as I am) when he found it. Beware of
> playing around with these files because they have the ability to eat up all
> your virtual memory and hang or crash Windows.
> Below is a COMPLETE list of dead and dangerous tiff files:
> 16level.TIFF (THIS IS THE WORST ONE)

Haven't found one yet that doesn't display, Gregg. You might not want to
be so harsh in saying that they're broken or don't work when in fact the
problem is with your system. They view fine here, so obviously the files
are not corrupt or bad. Have you tried another viewer?

They do view here, so if you're having problems, it's a limitation of your
system and/or configuration and not of the files themselves. Once you
accept that, it all becomes much easier. ;-0

-->Neil