Re: Fwd: B&W vectors "sparkle" after cap kit

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 22:46:37 EDT

On Friday, June 28, 2002, at 11:22 PM, Rodger Boots wrote:

> Anthony Ramos wrote:
>>
>> Now there is a symptom I've never seen before: a dense
>> light-and-dark pattern races along the vectors, giving them a
>> sparkling or twinkling effect.
>>
>> I'm sure that it has to do with the kit; this is surely
>> capacitor-related. Specifically, the kit replaces a 630V-rated
>> cap with a 250V cap, which surprised me.
>>
>> What do you-all think is going on here?
>
> Simple enough, just find the capacitor that exploded and replace it.
> Watch polarity closely.

I removed the monitor today to check. All of the new caps are
intact, installed correctly, and soldered firmly to the
deflection board. The caps inside the HV cage are intact as well.

I even removed C504, the cap on the deflection board which (I
think) smoothes the Z signal, and it tests good.

Anything else I should look for?

-Anthony R.