Re: A bad day in My arcade (V2000 help)

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 15:09:27 EDT

> Hooking up Z to the scope changes nothing.... I still see all the
> retrace line like if I didn't hook it up

well then.. if you have X tied to x on your scope, likewise with Y and Z and
your scope still shows the retrace lines then you have no Z..

the very quickest/simplest way of doign this is to just trace the Z on one
of the normal channels, set at about 1ms/div if you don't get a trace, then
you don't got a Z there :) (NOT just hooking Z to the Z on your scope, thast
just confuses things.)

however, that wouldn't explain why your spot killer is not lit.. if your
spot killer is not lit, then you need to look and see if you have the tube
heater going, then you need to rip apart the Z section on the deflection
pcb..

Andy