Re: Tempest spinner rebuild kits

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 10:41:10 EDT

And when your "rebuild" kit starts creating the same noise eventually, the
answer will be to...get another rebuilt kit?

The point of my post was that the key to maintenance of this part is
lubrication. You may be able to "fix" what you currently have with simply
lubricating the part. Try that first.

I've used 3-in-1 on the 4 I've had (as was recommended to me by someone who
has rebuilt more Tempests than they can remember) and I've never had a
problem with it drying out, gumming up, etc. But I can see where using a
non-petroleum-based lubricant would be technically "correct".

FYI, the Tempest manual states to lubricate with Nyogel 779 (whatever that
is) every 10,000 games or as deemed necessary.