RE: Tempest spinner rebuild kits

From: Rosenzweig, Joel B <joel.b.rosenzweig_at_intel.com>
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 13:01:00 EDT

I found that the Radio Shack teflon lubricant was perfect for this
application. However, because I enjoy cranking up the milling machine now
and then, I decided to add ball bearings to my spinner assembly instead. I
used two flanged ball bearings to replace the bushings, and it works like a
champ.

The spin test revealed that my ball bearing solution was really no better
than the 'teflon in the bushing' solution, but the thought of a ball bearing
assembly in my Tempest was appealing. Now if I could just get around to
retrofitting ball bearings into the blasted Defender control stick, that
would remove a whole lot of slop there, too!

Joel-