25" Amplifone tube DAG connector/spring?

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 15:24:50 EDT

Hi ...

I'm real close to powering up my Star Wars Cockpit for the first time since
the 80's (yes as far as I'm aware it has not been powered up in over 12
years!) and I have a small query regarding the Amplifone tube:

Since it was in a farmers barn all this time most metal parts suffered
minor corrosion, thankfully the bards etc are fine. All the cosmetic stuff
is and easy strip/paint job but on Amplifone tube's DAG springs have
corroded and snapped.

I have the remains of three springs coming from all of the tube's anchor
points (except the top left corner when viewed from behind) so I'm assuming
there should be one in each corner. I can also see that once the lower
right one has the DAG ground wire soldered to whats left of it. Where did
the other ends of the springs go to? I picture would be useful but not
essential. I have plenty of DAG springs taken from scrap raster monitors,
just need to know where they go so I can see if my HV is good or bad (the
rest of the game has been tested in another SW), then I can save up for a
Wintron.

On the subject of Amplifone HV units, is the arcade renovations unit near
going on sale?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk