Re: 25" Amplifone tube DAG connector/spring?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 02:56:59 EDT

If it hasn't been powered up in 12 years it might be a real good idea to
replace all the electrolytic capacitors BEFORE applying power.
 Electrolytics will deforn the dielectric layer if unpowered for long
periods. The result is that they often won't handle full voltage
without a lot of leakage current. There's a chance they could explode,
short, or otherwise cause damage to other circuitry.