Somewhat OT: Schematic Scanning, Image Stitching

From: Brad Gass <bradg_at_mnns.com>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 16:30:11 EDT

This isn't totally on-topic (sorry, Neil), but just a little tidbit.

I've used PanaVue (www.panavue.com) to stitch scans together before with
pretty good luck. I even scanned some sideart once (Defender) and
stitched it together so I could trace it in Illustrator or the like.
Have yet to complete that little project, but for use in tracing to
reproduce artwork, it would probably work beautifully.

But anyway, someday, if I live long enough, I'm hoping to scan the manuals
I have and have access to in, full-size, 400DPI BW. I've got access to a
Xerox XES8830 at a company I administrate for, and can scan up to E size
prints all night long if I wanted to!

If anyone has a P.I.T.A. schematic or two they'd like scanned, email me
privately.

Sadly, I don't have any vector schematic scans done, but have several
other Atari raster ones finished, as well as MACH 3, and they turn out
really nice!

Brad