Screen on my G05 getting larger, then smaller

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 20:25:19 EDT

I have an oddball problem with my G05 monitor that I'd like to get an
opinion on from all of you.

While playing Asteroids (or Asteroids Deluxe or any ZVG driven game), the
screen will be normal sized, then suddenly get larger vertically (it
JUMPS), and then restore itself to normal size. It's as if someone is
switching the Y size up and down intermittently.

I've taken the deflection board out of the G05 and resoldered everything.
Any ideas what this could be? It's definitely a monitor problem since it
does it with many vector generation sources.

Thanks!

-->Neil