Re: Screen on my G05 getting larger, then smaller

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 22:59:34 EDT

> I have an oddball problem with my G05 monitor that I'd like to get an
> opinion on from all of you.
>
> While playing Asteroids (or Asteroids Deluxe or any ZVG driven game), the
> screen will be normal sized, then suddenly get larger vertically (it

Sounds like a problem with the vector generator!
Good thing it's still under warranty. ;-)
Doesn't Retrocade emulate the flakey vector h/w too...

If you have a scope, just trace the signal through to the first node where
you see it start jumping (on the scope).

Is it symmetrical? If so, then the problem will be earlier in the food chain.
If not, check in the signal path for the affected half of the Y axis.

I'm assuming it is _not_ affecting the X axis, so as to exonerate the HV.

-Mark

---
I don't care if the system is smoking, it's _got_ to be software.