RE: NEED SOME HELP with a DEAD STAR WARS BOARDSET....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 00:30:46 EDT

Jose,
^^^^^

 Thank you very much for All of your
input and great detail as to what should
be checked, etc...

 At this time, and based on what I have done
so far here is where I stand at this time::

 I have been able to Verify / Discover the following Information.

  1.) Verified All CLOCKS, and All appear to be within Range,
       I.E. 3 MHZ., 6 MHZ, 12 MHZ, as well as E and Q, etc...

  2.) Verified and even Swapped the CPU, also checked the IRQ,
 NMI, Lines,etc,,,which are all HIGH all the time.

  3.) Verified the Pin# 37 on the CPU and noted that instead of
 being HIGH,it is STUCK LOW, all the time, in fact. So I traced this
 PIN# 37 (RST Line) out to several parts which I have already replaced,
but now understand why the Board will not even Allow a RESET to Occur,
or for that matter the Watchdog,to be Disabled via Grounding the WDDIS
PIN.

   So question is, since the RST on the CPU on this STAR WARS MAIN is
Always Stuck LOW, and from what I read should Only go LOW when the Board is
actually RESET.