NEED SOME HELP with a DEAD STAR WARS BOARDSET....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 18:02:26 EDT

Hi,
***

 How are you all today.....have an

 Well I have an issue with a STAR WARS Boardset which I purchased
in parts from various people, Tested Sound / Speech Board, AVG Eprom and
Egde Connector from Clay Cowgill (Thanks Clay :-) ) PROM(s) from Rick
Schieve(Thanks Rick:-) )
and the AVG and MAIN Boards from Ebay. So I finally piece everything
together
after Verifying All of the Voltages from the AUDIO REG II Board, which were
ALL Good,
and nothing, no noise, no video, Spot Killer On, (Monitor was previously
tested as Good with
a Gravitar Boardset, and works 100%.)

 So anyway first thing I check and note that All LED's are Lit Up on All of
the STAR WARS Board(s)
that actually contain any LED's, on themselves. Next I verify All Voltages
as Good
on All Boards +5, -5, +10.8 and 12 Volts are all there and all within
Tolerance.

 Next I Remove, Clean and Reseat All Socketed Chips. Then I Pull the Boards
and Clean All
Edge Connectors with a bit of sand paper. Finally I piece this thing back
together and try again.

 Here is what happens when I do..

 1.)Power ON = Spot Killer is on immediately, turn up monitor Bright Dot is
in the Center.
 2.)Flip the SELF TEST Switch Up and Down, with No Change to problem or
effect.
 3.)Turn Volume Control all the way up, and only hear a very faint Static
Sound.
 4.)Other than the above and all Voltages being present the game appears
Dead.

 Any ideas ???

 Arcadius........... :-)