RE: NEED SOME HELP with a DEAD STAR WARS BOARDSET....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 19:08:57 EDT

Hi,
****

 How are you all on this Monday ???

 O.K. let me get to the Nitty Gritty, in fact
let me just go over where I stand with this still
very much DOA Boardset, or should I say the MAIN BOARD
from this 3 Board Boardset. Where in fact at this time
and since Obtaining the STAR WARS Troubleshooting Manual,
I have been able to Verify / Discover the following Information.

 1.) Verified All CLOCKS, and All appear to be within Range,
      I.E. 3 MHZ., 6 MHZ, 12 MHZ, as well as E and Q, etc...

 2.) Verified and even Swapped the CPU, also checked the IRQ, NMI, Lines,
etc,,,
      which are all HIGH all the time.

 3.) Verified the Pin# 37 on the CPU and noted that instead of being HIGH,
      it is STUCK LOW, all the time, in fact. So I traced this PIN# 37 (RST
Line) out to
      several parts which I havealready replaced, but now understand why the

      Board will not even Allow a RESET to Occur, or for that matter the
Watchdog,
      to be Disabled via Grounding the WDDIS PIN.

  So question is, since the RST on the CPU on this STAR WARS MAIN is Always
 Stuck LOW, and from what I read should Only go LOW when the Board is
actually RESET,
 has anyone else run into this type of problem and if so, what have you all
Done ???

 Appreciate any and all information you all can provide.......