Re: TECH: Battlezone G05-805 monitor question

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 20:00:41 EDT

Hi again all,

As for Doug's reply below, I did check some of the voltages and seems that
everything seemed a few volts low. For example, if there was supposed to be
30 V at a certain point, there was about 28 V. I believe that this 2 volt
low condition was also measured at the input voltage to the monitor at the
harness connector. Could these few volts make the difference? (Sorry I don't
have exact voltages, but I will get back out there and take some exact
measurements later). I can't measure the HV directly yet, but I have a HV
probe on the way and that should clear things up a bit.

Until that time, if anyone has any comments on checking/tracing/interpreting
the voltages on the monitor, that might help me out in the long run.

Thanks for all the help!
-Commander Dave

PS. A side note... found out a few days ago that I will be adding another
classic game collector to the family! This will be the fourth and last
installment, as I have a son, 10, a daughter, 9 and another son who will be
11 months very soon. To be honest, I would have been satisfied with the
first two, but the they got to old to fetch the remote for me, so I ordered
a new set! :-D