Question on ELMINATOR SOUND CARD with NO AUDIO Output and X/Y Out put.....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 17:41:21 EDT

Hi,
***

 How are all you happy people on this Monday ???
(pause)

 Well, me neither it's Monday after all.

Seriously, though I have a Question, on the Good Old SEGA G80
Hardware in particular the Eliminator Boardset, which as luck would
have I was recently able to purchase, along with the SEGA G80 Power Supply
and TRANSFORMER. (2 Player Version Of Eliminator)

 So basically and with All Voltages Verified, plus a Picture of the Game
in Action (Ebay) Prior to purchasing it, I was told and was sure that it
worked
100%.

 Anyway I get this Boardset and Double Check All Connections, Clean off the
Dust, and Verify proper seating for All 5 Cards(No Speach Board in
ELIMINATOR)

 At this point I am playing Blind, and since the Power Supply, including the
AUDIO IN
and AUDIO OUT are Good (Verified using a Known Good RASTER BOARD for Audio
Testing Purposes Only) So I proceed to go ahead and Power up the CAGE.

 Initially I hook up the AUDIO Wiring as per the Schematic, noting that
there are Only 2
Connections a White Wire and a Silver Bare Wire, so I presume that the White
Wire
goes to PIN 4 or 1 I forger, but basically Not the GND PIN of the Audio Out
on this Sound Board,
but the Other PIN then Connect the Silver (Bare) Wire the the GND PIN.

 Anyway I feed this through a 10K POT then into the AUDIO IN of the G-80
POWER SUPPLY.
Also and as per the Schematic I wired up a 330 Ohm Resistor on Leg 3 of the
10K Pot and ran
this back to GND (I hope that this is Correct ???)

 Now I finally power it all up and all I hear is a STATIC (White Noise)
Sound which starts up, then
dies off within 5 seconds, then starts up again and stays up and Staticy the
entire time that I have the
Power On. Also volume will Adjust O.K. but again I only hear STATIC all the
time.

 Press RESET on the CPU BOARD (Mind you still playing Blind as I have no
ELECTROHOME MONITOR)
after several seconds the Led will Blink once then remain off the entire
time that the Cage is plugged in.

 So Still No Autio and the question I have then, is What is the Proper Hook
Up from this
MEATBALL (ELIMINATOR) Sound Card to the G-80 Power Supply Audio In
(Pin 1 = ??? / Pin 4 = ???)

 Also where should the 10K Pot be in this Arrangement ???

 Again I believe my hook up is Correct but wanted to double check.

 Finally and this is regarding the X/Y Output, on this Boardset, as I would
like to Test this Board,
prior to hooking it up to my 19K610x Wells Gardner Color Vector Monitor.
Also I do have a Scope as well
as a Small 4 Inch by 4 Inch Black and White Vector Monitor (basically a
Scope Monitor minus the Scope Electronics)
so wanted to know if I can just Hook up the X OUT to X INPUT on this Monitor
then Hook up the Y OUT to Y INPUT
and of course have GND Hooked Up also ???

 In addition and since there is No Z OUTPUT, on the G-80 BOARDSETS, I
presume that I can leave this Disconnected
with no trouble ???

 Finally and if my Eliminator (Meatball) Sound Board is Toast does anyone
have a Spare for Sale ???

 Appreciate and any All Input from you G-80 Types, in particular anyone whom
has an ELIMINATOR Game.....