What does a lone "P" indicate in ESB self test main/1st screen?

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:09:48 EDT

I am working on an Empire Strikes Back that will not do anything but
watchdog reset (no picture) unless in self test. In self test I (now) get
16 high beeps but a screen-bunding green rectangle with a small white "P" in
the lower left corner. It used to have a few low tones and an "R" too but
replacing the bad RAM fixed that. Will somebody with a manual check this
for me?