Re: Asteroids GO5 help

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:08:26 EDT

Ron,

Trust me, you do need to do the resistor thing (10 x 100K Ohm in series if I
remember correctly). Take it from a guy who blew two HV diodes at about $15
a pop doing it the wrong way.

It's really funny about that too... I only had raster games in the past and
it was always just take the grounded screwdriver and discharge. I never
heard not to do that on RGVAC or in any documents until I got my first
vector game and got on the vector list. My guess is that since I didn't have
any vectors at the time, I never thought they were different and didn't look
at much vector info.

Anyway, if you will be working on vectors at all, I would suggest you get a
HV probe. It's good for discharging and almost essential for diagnosing HV
problems. They are fairly cheap on Ebay.

Good luck,
-Commander "sparky" Dave