Asteroids GO5-802 help - link to picture that might help

From: Ron <MrArcade_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 02:46:16 EDT

OK, I have uploaded a the schematic for the EHT unit. I have added stars to
show where I am checking...

When I test between pins 7 (gnd) and 8 (B+) I get only 18-19 ohms
resistance. On the schematic....
http://home.woh.rr.com/ultimatearcade/temp/short.jpg
I get 18-19 ohms as I follow the circuit from pin 7 (gnd) to R900. On one
side of R900 (green star) I get 18-19 ohms.

>From the other side of R900 (red stars) I get around 1 ohm resistance.

When I check the other end of the components in the circuit (blue stars) I
get higher resistance readings. I believe Q900 is my problem...but I do not
know how to confirm this. The metal "tab" on the transistor where the
mounting screw goes has no insulator to keep the screw from grounding it.
Should I get more than .6 ohms when testing between the chassis and the
center pin (c)?

If Q900 is bad, what is the current replacement part number?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

p.s. A cap kit is on the way.

Ron