Re: Re[2]: 2N6259's

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:53:02 EDT

> I have been informed that running the monitor without the yoke might not
be
> such a good idea for the GO8 monitor (it is OK I think for the Wells
> Gardner), so I am going to experiment with a simple load - a pair of
11watt
> light bulbs (115V) in place of the yoke. These should allow a visual
> indication of problems, and yet be self current limiting - the brighter
> they get the higher their resistance - this should reduce the risk of
> burning out driver transistors during test, yet allow the feedback to work
> correctly.

Ah, I think I understand what you are saying...there is a feedback line
going from the output transistors to the custom chip, and based on that
feedback, it does some "error correction"...and without it, it may be error
correcting at it's max, so to speak. Is this the reason for putting a
minimum load? I've been testing these monitors without the yoke plugged in
also.

--
Mark Jenison