RE: Re[4]: VECTOR:Update on my latest Endeavors to Fix my STAR WA RS MAINBoard.

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 17:06:42 EDT

Peter,
******

 Well I wish I had better news, but things are still the same
IRQ Line is Constant LOW, Watchdog is still Barking.
(Update Follows)

 I replaced the Part in Location 8M (LS138) and did Verify
via Ohm Meter that as you stated, PINS 10 and 12 coming
out of Part 2M (LS74) are indeed, as you stated, Connected
to, at least on my Star Wars MAIN Board to Not a Resistor
Pack but rather to a single Resistor R96 which is a
1K Ohm Resistor 1/4 Watt, and again confirmed this
after review of the Star Wars Operators Manual Parts
Manifest, which matched this Part, exactly.

 Furthermore I reviewed All of the Parts / Descriptions of such
on this MAIN Board and again was not able to find any mention
or physical description of any type of Resistor Pack, on either
the MAIN, AVG or SOUND BOARD.

 Perhaps you meant some other part or perhaps there was a
change in Various Board REV's. as I have the REV. C Boardset.

 In any case and if there is anything else you would like myself
to confirm or replace please let me know.

 One question I do have and this is to anyone whom has or has had
a Star Wars Boardset. My Manual states that All EPROMS 0-4 on
the MAIN Board should be a 2764 Type, however on my MAIN Board
the First EPROM which is a 27128 Type the rest are All 2764 Types.

 Is my Configuration Correct or does the Operators Manual which I have
contain a Typo, in Both the Parts Description and / or Manifest, with regard
to the above EPROM Types ???