Re: Quick dumb question about Sega Speech board

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 09:13:29 EDT

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Matt Rossiter wrote:

> Referring to the speech board used in the xy games of course, what is the
> 100k variable resistor (R74) for? I'm assuming it's used to adjust the
> volume of the voices, but since I tried turning it and didn't make any

Looking at the schematic, it is inline with the input from the Universal
sound board (output from the USB goes to the speach board, is mixed there,
and a single output goes on to the main voume control).

However, it isn't a true volume control (ie -- a voltage divider), it's just
inline in the signal path. So while it has some control, it won't be able to
reduce the volume down to 0.