Re: Amplifone Trouble

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 21:00:46 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Langley <robotron@ntlworld.com>
To: Vector List <vectorlist@synthcom.com>, UK VAC <ukvac@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:01:13 +0100
Subject: VECTOR: Amplifone Trouble

> Hi ...
>
> I powered up my Star Wars cockpit last night only for the Amplifone to
> fail. :o(
>

> This is What happened:
>
> Powered up ... after about 5 seconds of deflection chatter the monitor went
> quiet. No picture came on after the normal 10 seconds or so warm up time.
>
> After investigating the monitor I found F3 had blown.
>
> Replaced F3.
>
> Powered game up. Now I'm getting deflection chatter, the fuse does not
> blow again but still no picture. Eventually I get a dim glow at the bottom
> of the tube, like the gun is firing below the display area and I'm getting
> reflected light. There is no movement of this.

I had this with an asteroids monitor, looks like somebody lit a candle inside the tube!

i never did find the cause(12-years ago!!!) , i would be interested in hearing what caused this.

I CAN SAY THAT IT'S NOT THE GAMEBOARD, dont wast your time checking it.

a tv engineer at the time who heard the description said it may be air in the tube, and what i can see is an arc between the anode-plate and the wall of the tube!!!!!
(i hope not!)

c.u.