Re: WG 6100 HV help please

From: <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 10:35:59 EST

Joe,

I had a real struggle with a 6100 HV unit .. wouldn't go below 24kv, then not above 12, then not above 16 ... finally fixed it!

In fixing all of those I changed the zener diodes, both the two 13v and the single 150v (low and high problems respectively I think) and also the BU409 .. and obviously all of the electrolytic caps ... I may also have changed some of the MPSA06/56 small transistors .. it felt like virtually every bit of silicon on the HV board!

I think it's unlikely that the non-adjustable 16kv is a deflection board issue, check all the HV zeners, transistors and electrolytics first.

Steve