Re: Cinematronics testing

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 21:38:38 EST

Hi Omar,

Basically the jig helps troubleshoot problems which signature analysis fails to identify.
It uses the Cinematronics MultiGame (CMG) physically, but the contents of,
what I call the ICM (or just "The Big Chip") is somewhat different.

When. Yeah, I won't even... let's just say it's coming along

-Mark

> That's too cool!
>
> So Mark... what all does your diagnostic tool do? Does it isolate faults to
> a specific area ? When's it going to be available ? :-)
>
> Omar
>
> <snip>
> > Fortunately (or unfortunately) my CCPU worked from the start so we
> > didn't get to really use the diag. AFAIK, it could all be just some
> > fancy wires and such ;^) Here are some pictures. Pay no mention to the
> > excess components on my bench required for time travel...
> <snip>

Tom probably doesn't want me to mention this, but, near as I can tell,
that time machine is how he manages to come up with all of that cool,
proto-type, no one but Tom can find one, stuff.