Re: Significantly drop G2/brightness (4600 raster hack)?

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 10:15:30 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodger Boots" <rlboots@cedar-rapids.net>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Significantly drop G2/brightness (4600 raster hack)?
> Gregg Woodcock wrote:

 No joy. I went down to 500Mohms and there was no change whatsoever. I am
highly skeptical about this parallel shunt and am concerned about moving it
into the 100Kohms range (which appears is the only way to actually make a
difference). At this point I'll take theories but experience in dropping G2
would be best. Anybody????

BTW, Callan is also stuck in this state and I have tried 3 4600 chassis in
this machine with identical overbrightness...

As I recall, John had some
blurb in the *original* raster-hack text about "you might have to add a
resistor..." but the first time I did it, I did not have this problem so my
re-write did not include this tip and now John has replaced his original
text with my rewrite. Does anybody have the original text still?