Re: Asteroids ROM readme discrepancies

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 13:28:37 EST

> I never did finish the readme file for _all_ the ASteroids revisions. Perhaps
> someone could fill in the blanks? All my ASteroids boards are packed up at the
> moment...

<SNIP>

> Asteroids Version 1 (-02 Revision PCBs)
> NAME LOCATION SIZE CHECKSUM
> ---------- -------- --------- --------
> 035127.01 N/P3 2716 353E
> 035143.01 E/F2 2716 2BB4
> 035144.01 H2 2716 0CEE
> 035145.01 J2 2716 31CC
> 034602.01 C8 82S129

<SNIP>

> Asteroids Version 2 (-05 AND -06 Revision PCBs use ROMs)
> NAME LOCATION SIZE CHECKSUM
> ---------- -------- --------- --------
> 035127.02 N/P3 2716 3632
> 035143.02 E/F2 2716 22D4
> 035144.02 H2 2716 187E
> 035145.02 J2 2716 2F84
> 034602.01 C8 82S129

I have what are presumably version 2 roms (that is, the rom p/ns end with a -02 suffix),
and a rev -05 pcb in the following configuration (and it works):

035145-02 E/F2 31cc
035144-02 H2 0cee
035143-02 J2 2b44

As John pointed out, I can believe the board locations changed,
but I'm wondering about the checksums vs. rom p/ns. It appears
we have two unique sets of checksums. However, we have reports
of both sets being sited on both versions of roms.
It's possible, but unlikely...

-Mark