Maybe stupid Asteroids question!

From: Martin White <martin_at_guddler.co.uk>
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 14:21:31 EST

Hi guys,

First post in a very long time!...

Anyway, i have an Asteroids board and two Ast. Deluxe boards here that
i've just got as non working. My cabinet (an Asteroids mini) is
currently on it's hol's in a foreign country having it's woodwork
lovingly restored, so i need to make up some kind of rig for getting
these going.

Picture is no problem as i can use my scope, but i am unsure of what i
need to do about the 36v AC...

Is this really needed? If so, how do people provide this? I'd rather not
start getting hold of spare power bricks and AR boards just for this
purpose as my test bench is full enough already!

Is it 18v Center Tap with each side going to one pin on the edge connector?

My rig (http://www.guddler.co.uk/taitorig.php) has the usual +5, -5, +12
DC, but it also has -12, 26, 20, 15, 14v (DC) and 10.6v AC (21.2v CT?)
would any of these help rig it up?

If no to all the above, i am told that i can get a toroidal PS from
www.maplin.co.uk - anyone recommend a stock number and how it should be
connected up?

Thanks for any info,

Martin.