Re: Space Duel Problems - Anyone know the "Next Step"?

From: someotherguy <someotherguy_at_someotherplace.com>
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 09:45:07 EST

As far as SENSE going nuts and cranking up the +5, I'd suggest jumpering
your AR/2 as Andy (P-man) recommends. If memory serves correct on J7 you
jumper pins 1-2 and 3-6 together on the back of the board, then adjust +5
via the on-board pot. You may want to check his document on this; I'm sure
it's in the vectorlist archives several times now. If you can't find it let
me know as I do have a copy of it on my home PC.

Whether this is the cause of dead AVG's, it sounds plausible but I doubt it.
I've had machines that were rock-solid otherwise just pop and die. I think
they're just crappy chips : )

Richard