Re: Significantly drop G2/brightness (4600 raster hack)?

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 00:00:08 EST

OK, here is a very interesting udpate.
By putting increased resistance, I was able to drop the previously lowest
(stock/non-modified) G2 of 375V to about 200V with not a bit of difference
in brightness. Well I figured I'd show the macine who was boss so I shorted
the G2 pin to ground (0V). I got a picture that was about half as bright as
it should have been to be perfect. What is up with THAT? I got roughly the
same brightness with it ungrounded. I am going to use the rejuvenator to
check for G2 short in the tube but as I recall, I backed this one up to
another machine that was working fine and it proved without a doubt that the
tube was fine (95% sure about that). I must have some kind of a ground
problem but I just don't see how/where...