Re: yoke question for experts-only!

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 14:20:08 EST

This isn't a tough question.. Im an idiot and I know the answer to this!
Go for it! I do this all the time.

I have a pet peeve about screen burn.. I hate it. Any game that goes in
the arcade ether gets its tube replaced or gets a new monitor. I started
my collecting career doing a lot of monitor replacing, until I ending
up with no money left, and a big pile of working monitors with Gauntlet
or Marble Madness burned in to the screen. One day, at an auction I
picked up a Wico monitor (an unknown, crap monitor that you cant / want
to find parts or schematics for) with the assumption that is was dead,
but I got it for the tube witch looked new. Long story short... the
chassis was a hacked up / burned up mess so I combined the tube / yoke
from the Wico with the chaise from a WG 4900 series. Presto... New
monitor. I have quite the combination of monitors now as I have done
this at least 4 times each time with a different chaise to different
series tube / yoke and only once did I run into a problem where the
picture was mirrored on the screen requiring me to reverse 2 on the yoke
leads.

A tip.
    What swapping out the tube / yoke, do NOT move the degaussing coil
with it. Retain the coil for the monitor board you are going to use. The
coils are tuned to the board (learned the the hard way)

Happy holidays, group.

-=Mark=-