Switcher for Sega G80 games

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 14:39:10 EST

Ok,
    I have started a batch of Sega G80 projects I have been putting off
and now have a question.
I need to put a switcher in my Star Trek. The amp part of the board is
distorting horribly, 1/2 the frame that held the PS together is missing
so the supply sits unmounted in the back of the game. The PS board is
pretty hacked up form inexperience repairs and every thing I have read
says that it is a good idea anyway.

I have a great switcher i have made as my "standard" replacement for all
games new or old, that has all the correct positive and negative
voltages with more then enough amps. This supply also has a Power good
line out as well. I do NOT want to maintain the original supply for that
crappie 3v AC for the reset!

All this being said.. What is the Power good signal in a standard
switcher? Is there a standard of what power good outputs are on
switches? can I use it for my reset line?

I reasoning behind my thinking is based on a Tron I once had. The MCR
board series also needs a reset line and has caused many people problems
installing switcher. When I added a computer PS to my Tron I used the
supplies Power good line and hooked it to the reset line on the game
board and never had any problem with it. can I do the same here? Any
other (easier) ways to switherisize a G80 machine?

Mr. Jenison.. Chime in any time :-)

-=Mark=-