Re: Switcher for Sega G80 games

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_macman_at_froggy.com.au>
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 13:43:05 EST

The Sega reset circuit may not be the same as TRON. The reason I say
this is I've been working on getting a Sega Carnival PCB wired to Jamma
and it uses the 3vac reset circuit. So I constructed the TRON reset
line and it did not work (don't know why, didn't look into it).

What I did find looking at the schematic was the outcome of the Sega
valid power circuit was one signal became high, so I tied that line to
the 5v rail permanently and it worked beautifully. Think it was a
74LS08 input.

Not sure whether the Sega vectors used the exact same valid power
circuit (never seen one), but with the 3vac... it sure sounds like it.

I can dig up the info and compare it to the G80 schematics after
christmas if you wish.

Cheers
MacMan