Re: [OT(ish)] yoke question for experts-only!

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 19:17:14 EST

>>Is there any information on the web detailing pinouts of particular
tubes to ensure say a Ducksan tube and G-07 chassis

I asked the same question here a year ago As I wanted to be cautious
too... I never got a definitive answer so I proceeded, throwing caution
to the wind :-)

>>Wouldn't the yoke need moving too, or would it be OK if they have the
same (or close?) impedance?

Yes.. the whole thread speaks of moving the tube and the yoke as one,
leaving everything else. I tossed out the degaussing coil thought, as
these can be mounted to the tube or to the chaise, depending on the
model of the monitor. On my first "crossover", I moved the coil with the
tube, but upon power-up I popped the fuse on the monitor board as
obviously, the coil pulled more power then the board was designed for.
Putting the coil that was made for the chaise on the swapped tube/yoke
corrected any problem.

-=Mark=-