[OT(ish)] yoke question for experts-only!

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 05:37:13 EST

At 09:43 pm 24 12 02, you wrote:
> [...]

Interesting I have 2 almost new tubes, one from a WG 7300 and one from a
Ducksan both had fires rendering the chassis useless ... (and both from
pin2k games too!). Is there any information on the web detailing pinouts
of particular tubes to ensure say a Ducksan tube and G-07 chassis have the
same pinouts, or is it a question of try it and see. I'm loathed to end up
frying a good chassis/tube on a whim.

> > A tip.
> > What swapping out the tube / yoke, do NOT move the degaussing coil
> > with it. Retain the coil for the monitor board you are going to use. The
> > coils are tuned to the board (learned the the hard way)

Wouldn't the yoke need moving too, or would it be OK if they have the same
(or close?) impedance?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk