Re: Tempest boards playing blind (and worse)...help!

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 03:28:45 EST

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

>Hysol ? Never heard of it ? Is it a type of glue ? epoxy ?

Hysol is apparently a product of Loctite. For what you are doing a thin
coat of 5-minute epoxy will probably work.

If it's a low-current signal you could possibly use a conductive epoxy
to form a contact. Something like GC Electronics 19-2092-0000. Or even
GC 22-0201-0000 silver paint (used for circuit board repair).

(This doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about, but
also check out GC 10-4702-0000 Corona Dope and 10-8880-0000 High Voltage
Putty. This is for all of you that think I've been making this up all
these years. These two products are good in the high voltage cage to
stop corona or arcing and to fix cracks in the flyback.)

Many electronics stores carry GC or check out their website at
http://www.gcwaldom.com

They also have the self-sticking copper tape as 22-0507-0000 (1/16"
wide) and 22-0509-0000 (1/8" wide).

They also distribute Molex connectors and kits.