Re: Re: Amplifone Pincushion Problem

From: <jameshagen_at_tds.net>
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 09:44:00 EST

I've tried many combinations (yokes, tubes etc) in efforts to get a 25" into this SW cockpit...

Tubes: (can get the numbers later if needed)
-orig amplifone tube 25"
-WG 25K7000
-WG U5000

Yokes:
tried both a 25" amplifone yoke and a 6100. Very little difference between them. There was a tad less winding in the amplifone yoke but the same overall shape/size between them. I don't have the amp yoke # on me right now, but from memory it had the same number as any 6100 yoke with just a letter missing from at the end.

The results,

Using a 25" amplifone yoke vs the 6100 made ZERO difference in convergence, purity, pincusion, etc on any tube. In all cases despite my best efforts in convergence, I did have the green gun wanting to slightly get away horizontally at the top and bottom of the screen (used magetic shunts too) Its still very slight, SW still looks great though.

For tubes, med res U5000 worked out fantastic. Better than the orig standard res tube.

As far as Dave's pincusion effect goes, I found adjusting the yoke could make that get better or worse. But, if your convergence is already on I'd just leave it. Can you really see it's effect during gameplay?

James Hagen