Re: Amplifone Pincushion Problem

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 07:08:11 EST

At 02:44 pm 20 01 2003, you wrote:
>As far as Dave's pincusion effect goes, I found adjusting the yoke could
>make that get better or worse. But, if your convergence is already on I'd
>just leave it.

My convergence is virtually perfect, so yes I'm tempted to leave it. When
I started this thread I was assuming that the Pincushioning was caused by
some problem with the deflection board which could be easily fixed. It's
taken me two years to get the game running and I'm hoping it will stay that
way now!

> Can you really see it's effect during gameplay?

It attract mode or when I'm watching someone else play I can (but only 'cos
I know it's there) but since my best score is less than 2,000,000 I tend to
get focused on shooting everything while playing!

Has anyone here tried using Clays pincushion correction PCB?

Anyone got any play tips for the higher levels?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk