Re: Very Dim Asteroids Monitor Problem

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 10:37:53 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter@ni.net>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 2:22 AM

Damn, is it Saturday _already_?! I must of over slept.

> I've been Looking at this early verion of the G05 with the extra regulator
> PCB and the problem is the monitor is very dim.

Maybe you should get together with Gregg and split the difference!
(sorry couldn't resist)

> The tube is fine, but the
> Grid-1 voltage is only 10v when the brightness pot is turned all the way up.
> Normally is should be around 30-35v for a good picture. The Z-amp voltage
> is only about 70v when it should be around +90v, but I think that should

Just a for staters, you can check...
-LV supply
-"H" freq
-Shorted (secondary) filter cap
-Other secondary load issue

What is the anode voltage?
What have you checked so far?

Yada, Yada, Yada...

Oh, just noticed you mentioned new caps.
Double check all of your caps for value, location and polarity.
For more cap info, check deja for "cap kit" and "smoke".

-Mark