Problem WG 19V2000 monitor

From: James G Watt <kinetic-arts_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 11:17:40 EST

My V2000 has problems. After replacing most of the transistors on the
thing I get a flickering spot killer light, I turned up the brightness
to see what I was getting picture was despite the spot killer and got
this:

http://www.kinetic-arts.co.uk/jamma/asteroids/monitor.jpg

I can make out asteroids and the copyright note but they're small,
scrambled and very jumpy - flickering all over a small portion of the
screen.

The only other thing I noticed is the 3.8ohm resistor I replaced R101 is
getting very hot again. I'm thinking of replacing that with a wire link
as I'm told that's better than a wire wound resistor but could the heat
signify another problem?

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

----
History:
This v2000 has given me a lot of grief. It had multiple faults and
basically didn't work - the 2 resistors R100 and R101 got burning hot
last time I used it (I accidently shorted one of the power transistors
on the chassis - Q708 or 9 I think) ANYWAY as a last resort I replace
all the transistor with the exception of the deflection transistors
which I checked and appeared to work ( the only transistor that didn't
check ok was Q504 but seeing as that's the Z and not deflection I don't
think that's the problem now).
---
James G Watt
http://www.kinetic-arts.co.uk
Part of the Video Arcade Game Collectors WebRing.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.