Re: Major Havoc ... missing Quad-Pokey - RESOLVED :-)

From: <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 17:22:37 EST

All,

I've just had an email from the Scott and he's dropping one in the post - he was using the board for testing loads of quad pokeys and forgot to replace it :-)

Louis, my post wasn't a dig at Scott, given his amazing ebay feedback it's pretty much certain that it was just a mistake. I just wanted to check that Atari hadn't done a special ROM version that somehow didn't need the pokeys. I also never managed to get the pictures to load, both on broadband at home and the corporate network at the office (despite hitting F5, CTRL F5, clearing caches etc) so I have no idea whether it was in the photos or not.

>>Looking at the auction, I don't think it ever said "fully" working on there,
Yep, I misquoted, it said "tested and working"

>>In my opinion it is a tested and working PCB, but he failed to disclose that a
QPE is required to make it run.

That's stretching it in my opinion, but it's resolved now anyway :-)

>>If you're planning on running this in a Tempest or Space Duel, you're gonna
need another part for that too.

I plan to use one of clays pincushion correctors and build an adaptor!

>>Either way, you still got a good deal on that board, everyone fell asleep on
that one.

Yep :-)

Anyone got a space duel control panel for Major Havoc? Please!

Thanks,

Steve

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890