Re[2]: Quad-Bit Slicers

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 21:27:25 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: MKDUD@aol.com
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:36:49 EST
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Quad-Bit Slicers

> In a message dated 2/11/2003 9:01:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tony@tonyjones.com writes:
>

> > > you can even put one into a battlezone/tempest instead of the 4 original
> > chip
> > > s.
> >
> > Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but AM2901s (the 40pin branded variant
> > of these bit slice chips) are $1.50 each from B&G Micro. They've had them
> > at this price for longer than I can remember.

well i heard that they ran out a long time ago.

> Can one of these go in ANY socket on the BZ/Tempest/RB aux board, and
> eliminate all 4 of the 137004's?

you need to make an adapter.

interesting thing to note is that bootleg pitfighter pcbs have an adapter on most of them containing 4 2901s.

anybody who says these chips are only $1.5 again is going to really piss me off, you sure as hell are not going to get one for less than $15 if you live OUTSIDE the u.s.
that is IF you can even find them without ripping an old pcb apart.

still, on the bright side at least not having george bush running my country i still have rights.
just found a leaked copy of the upcoming 'PATRIOT ACT II' on the net.
and people thought the taliban where bad!!!!!!!