Re: Battlezone Half Screen, please help if you can

From: <ygroups_at_andora.org.uk>
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 17:54:30 EST

Still no joy?

Can we assume that theAVG - XY outputs look fully bipolar on a scope,
before they get to the monitor?

I would think that <2mV of psu ripple is ok, and certainly not the real
half-screen fault.

If you are sure it is the Z-output have you looked at the window clipping
circuit? you say that p12 of B7 is HLP (is that high-low pulse?) and you
say it should be both be high, well in this case, the clipping circuit is
clipping when it should not, so suspect that either H10 faulty, or analog
switch D11 faulty. If you have socketted B7, just force /ZBLANK high and
see what you get.

I have had a BZ with faulty Analog switches, (D11) sample-hold voltage
following op-amp (C11), comparators (B12, D12) and even faulty input
protection diodes (CR3-CR10). Suggest you just isolate the clipping
circuit and take it from there...

Or even just pull the Z connection from the Edge connector or monitor
cable harness or connector, then you will know if it really is Z blanking.

Good luck - Tim.

PS: Do post your successes - Thanks.

MKDUD@aol.com
Sent by: owner-vectorlist@synthcom.com