Battlezone display woes

From: Hyperion <fissure_at_mithras.erudition.net>
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 23:56:02 EST

Hello all.

I have a Battlezone with no activity on either of the X or Y outputs.

The AM6012PC's both seem to be taking input along the various lines
(high/low pulsing), but pin 18 (I think that's the main output line) has
no activity at all.. on BOTH of the AM6012's.

The 7815 and 7805 on the board were both shot, and it had a popped cap on
the 7805 feeder, and that's the one that produces the +5 DAC for the DACs,
so I thought some power surge or whatever might have killed those DACs.

However, I replaced one of the AM6012's, and still have the same problem
-- still no activity off pin 18.

Is pin 18 the right pin to check for output from the AM6012's?

Any other sugestions?

Thank you all in advance.

Eddie