Re: Weird problem with WG 19K6100 monitor (LONG)

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 16:23:01 EST

Sounds like you have a bad CRT socket on the neck board. You've already
ruled out the CRT by unplugging the neck board from the CRT, now it's
time to rule out the socket by disconnecting it from the neck board (or
at least disconnecting the focus wire since that's where your problem
likely is). I'm estimating focus voltage would be around 6,000 volts,
so it doesn't take much of a problem with the socket to cause arcing.

The arcing is probably disrupting the game board and causing continuous
resetting. At some point you're going to REALLY damage something if you
keep going like this.