Re: Weird problem with WG 19K6100 monitor (LONG)

From: Tony Jones <tony_at_tonyjones.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 18:43:38 EST

Thanks go to Rodger yet again. I was convinced I had a spark gap problem with
the neck socket too, but didn't know how to troubleshoot. Rodger suggested I
disconnect the focus wire ... when the problem didn't go away I started poking
around some on my own and found that the previous owner had inverted the molex
on the HV cage and also swapped the screen and focus wires inside the HV cage.
Duh, I should have caught that before posting.

It works a lot better now :-) I'm impressed that the neck board / tube is
still OK after having a 6KV overinjection of brightness.

Thanks Rodger

Tony