Re: WG6100 defl.+IPC = weak deflection sounds, no picture, spot killer OFF

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 12:21:05 EST

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 09:47 PM, Joe wrote:

> If you turn the screen up, does it display retrace lines? If you can
> hear deflection chatter, you should be able to see retrace lines.

The chatter sound is very, very weak.

 From my first post:
"There are no vectors on screen at all, ever, even with brightness
turned all the way up."

> If
> not, then check the HV. You may not be getting the right voltages off
> the deflection to the HV unit. Also check the connector that goes to
> the
> neck board.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I noticed there is no 'crackle' of HV when
the monitor starts up with this board.

What should I check for on the neck board connector? Continuity?

-Anthony

--
Anthony Ramos -- aramos(NOSPAM)@ele-mental.org
phone: 503.236.6303 / mobile: 503.267.3519