RE: WG6100 defl.+IPC = weak deflection sounds, no picture, spot killer OFF

From: Rodney M <debaser_at_debaser.net>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 12:50:23 EST

Anthony,

I had a similar problem with a 6100 recently. I had installed a cap kit on the HV unit and an LV2000 on the deflection board, along with reflowing ALL of the pins on the HV, deflection and neckboard. Luckily the guy I got the monitor from threw in an extra HV unit as the one that was in it originally had a bad HVT.

After turning it on for the first time, I would get a picture but after about 15 - 30 seconds, it would disappear. Sometimes I wouldn't get a picture at all when I turned it on but after a few moments it would kick in. I could still hear HV chatter and the spot killer LED never came on during this. I cranked up the screen control but could not see any vectors.

The problem ended up being a bad connection from the deflection board to the HV unit. I replaced connector P101 on the deflection board and that fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

Rodney